Saturday, September 23, 2006

Well, it has snowed in the high country several nights in a row now. This morning, everything above 9,000 ft. was at least dusted with snow. Virtually everything above timberline has remained hidden in cloud cover all day. Autumn is definitely here.
Not wanting to get too soft, I went for my usual 8 mile training run today, up and back down the length of the Columbine Trail in North Cheyenne CaƱon. I actually caught a fair amount of clear sunshine, in between periods of clouds. I started out in a windbreaker, but took it off after less than a mile and didn't put it back on.
I was only a few other people hiking on the trail, and one pair of cyclists. That's one advantage of the weather turning colder.
I was really slow. I took two and a half hours for a circuit which I have, on occasion, made in just under two hours. Still, it felt good to get in the distance. Surprisingly, my knees were a little sore by the time I got back, but the stiffness will work itself out. For now, I just want to stay in shape, while hoping for at least one weekend of decent weather in October for one more climb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home